The Yakima Valley HOG Chapter is pleased to announce a Cash Scholarship awarded to the winning entry as determined by a panel of Chapter members (list of schools and letter to counselors found under documents or here: $750 Scholarship – Seniors 2017)
The qualifying requirements are very simple. Applicant must write:
- An original essay
- Relating his or her association and/or relationship with a family member, who
- Owned/rode a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
The details should include:
- The exact PERSONAL relationship (does NOT need to be an immediate family member) of the Harley-Davidson owner/rider to the High School graduate (essay writer)
- The specific details of the motorcycle model, year and any customization or accessorizing, and
- At least one, specific example or particular event which represents the significance of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle to the graduating senior.
The essay should be type-written, with double spaced lines, on standard 8.5” x 11” white paper. The essay should be titled, “There’s a Harley Davidson Motorcycle In My Family”. The more personally significant, and detailed, the student’s specific relationship, the better.
Accompanying the essay should be a photo; showing:
- The motorcycle, and/or
- The relative, and/or
- The graduating senior essay writer
In that order of importance. A single photo of all three together is preferred.
Based on an average of 250 words per double-lined spaced page, the minimum length is one page and maximum length is two pages for the submitted essay. QUESTIONS? (Counselors ONLY please; NO student inquiries) may contact Ms. Cis Kennard, HOG Activities Director, Yakima Valley HOG Chapter at CisKennard@yahoo.com
Entry w/word, “SCHOLARSHIP” marked outside of the envelope should be MAILED; postmarked by the DEADLINE of April 15, 2017, to:
Ms. Cis Kennard
Yakima Valley HOG Chapter
c / o Ownes Cycle
1707 North 1st Street
Yakima, WA 98901
(document of listed schools and letter sent to counselors found here)
TO: High School Guidance Counselors
FROM: Yakima Valley Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) Chapter #5422
SPONSOR: Owens Cycle, sponsoring dealership
SUBJECT: $750 Scholarship (one-time) Opportunity for eligible 2017 Graduating Senior